Thursday, December 10, 2009

Meet Banzai the Champion!

Last year I received the coolest fan note from a reader of my books. Erin breeds and shows Smooth Collies, a herding breed, and she told me that if she ever got puppies out of her champion that she was going to be showing at the world famous dog show in Westminster she'd name one "Banzai" after the kick-butt heroine in my futuristic action romance The Legend of Banzai Maguire. Well, she did, and over the year I've been collecting the news and pictures of Banzai's namesake as she advances through the championships. I'm so proud and wanted to share. You can visit Erin's website here, and see more of these beautiful dogs! Congratulations, Banzai!!! Win big at Westminster!!! Erin, please keep us up to date on Banzai!







4 comments:

Mystic Collies said...

As the very proud owner/breeder of Banzai's father, I am so proud of her accompplishments in the show ring and of Erin's vision as a breeder.

I knew she was going to be special when Erin said she was going to use this very special name for her. And she is very special indeed.

Bonnie

Mystic Collies

Susan Grant said...

Bonnie, Banzai is adorable, a gorgeous dog, and she obviously comes from good genes! I'm the proud owner of a Border Collie so I know the joy that comes from having a well-bred dog in the home.

Mystic Collies said...

I think she is just one of those once in a lifetime dogs who touches everyone. Her little sister is coming to live here soon and we are so excited to have her in our lives. She has big pawprints to fill.

Bonnie

Erin Blaisure said...

Hey, Susan!

I just wanted to let you know how much it has meant to me to have you even respond to any of my emails, never mind follow my girl's show career and want to share it with others. I will tell you though, it was with some trepidation that I named the girl after your book, because, I was afraid she wouldn't live up to her namesake. Thankfully, her show career was a blast, and we're looking forward to more good things from her. This all said, we wouldn't have had so much fun with her name, if you didn't write such terrific books!! Thanks again, Susan!!